August 11, 2007

Univeristy

I found this university site where you can do external studies through various Australian Uni’s and spent hours looking through all the computer study options and finally decided on BA of Internet Studies. I phoned up to enrol and they have changed the HECS fees applications so that permanent residents can’t apply for it any more so I have to organise to become a citizen. I applied for HECS a few years ago and there were no restrictions for me then. I got so angry at first that they will support people from other countries that have a study visa, but not for a resident that has a permanent visa makes no sense to me, so I figure they must make more money of people who don’t live in the country. So now I have to wait till next year to enrol….hmmm

I was really disappointed as I was looking forward to getting my teeth into something, but I also believe that everything happens for a reason so I will apply for my citizenship and reapply after that. I also realised that I have been lucky that I haven’t been affected in the last 36 years by not being a citizen.

So now I am going to go through all the practical skills in previous computer courses that I have done to make sure I am up to speed on everything. There is so much that I don’t use on a daily basis that I want to refresh my memory.

So now I have a purpose and something to work towards and that is a really great feeling.

Ruby

2 Responses to “Univeristy”

  1. Robert on August 23rd, 2007 12:29 pm

    Ruby-

    It’s really unfortunate about the uni. But as we all know, life is unfair…

    Btw, what is your original nationality & why did you come to Oz?

    Just being nosy!

    Robert

  2. Ruby on August 24th, 2007 1:36 pm

    Yes that life is…. but I will look into it again next year.
    I came from North Europe, and my family migrated here when I was 10, so no choice on my part, though I love it here.

No comments: