August 6, 2007

A Travel Book

Chloe had gone travelling for a year and came back 6 months ago, during this time she had sent some great comical emails about what she saw and did. After being home I realised that as much as her memories will always be with her, she didn’t have anything tangible of her travels.

I retyped all her emails and added photos relevant to the place she was and made her a 48 page book with room for her to add more photos if she wishes too. She was so happy with what I had done to keep her memories alive.

She was so happy with this book that it got me thinking how we are so overtaken by materialism and spending lots of $$$$ to make our friends and family happy, when it all it takes is a bit of thought and a few hours… I hope I can take on board this as well and maybe take up bit of craft for x-mas presents.

Ruby

2 Responses to “A Travel Book”

  1. Robert on August 6th, 2007 7:22 pm

    The best christmas present I ever got was from my 4 oldest girls. They had got together and made a collage from photos in our family albums. They then got the collage framed.

    The gift cost them very little in financial terms, but the thought and time that they put into it made it very, very special.

    Robert

  2. Ruby on August 7th, 2007 3:22 pm

    Yes totally agree, a thought is much more precious than someone spending half an hour at a store.
    I decoupaged my sisters Christmas plates last year for them to use each year. I am now in the process of working out what to make this year for everyone.

No comments: