August 24, 2007

My Laptop

Can’t believe I have been so sick for nearly two weeks now, and only managing the most of 3 hours sleep between coughing fits.

Went to the docs on Monday and got some antibiotics, which have started to kick in. I’m not feeling so tired and lethargic any more, but the cough is still there and probably will be for at least another week.

Since I have been so sick and not spending much time on the puter I decided that I would clean my laptop keyboard thoroughly. So I took of all the keys and cleaned it properly, then 5 hours later I still had only got about a dozen keys on (sort of). I have done this on my desktop keyboard and it works fine. So I started looking through forums for solutions, I should have read these first as the gist of all of them was - DON’T DO IT…EVER, I wish I had read them first. So I know have had to order another keyboard insert and have to wait for it to arrive by mail.

My laptop is not so portable any more as I have to have a external keyboard plugged into it. I have been so spoilt having wireless broadband and being able to use my laptop anywhere in the house or garden, now I’m stuck at my desk.

So for any of you out there with a laptop and you have stray food etc under the keys, just use the vacuum cleaner, its a much cheaper option.

Ruby

2 Responses to “My Laptop”

  1. Robert on September 7th, 2007 11:29 am

    My cat ripped off about half of the keys of my laptop, but luckily after much time & effort I was able to put them back on again.

    Then my toddler daughter decided to have a go and took most of them off before being discovered. This time not so lucky - 8 keys wouldn’t go on at all, and one more on but not quite right. Later I was able to reorganise my keyboard parts and now have all the keys I regularly use working ok.

    Marie was not so lucky - my toddler daughter spilled her orange juice on her laptop. Now you can press one key and get a totally different letter/number on the screen! She has been using a USB keyboard until recently when desperation forced her to take it to the repair shop. It’s still there and now she’s monopolising MY laptop!

    So your advice is too late for me!!

    Robert

  2. Ruby on September 14th, 2007 10:34 pm

    Yes we all learn by our mistakes….ooops
    well mine is finally fixed, I got sick of dragging the USB keyboard around with me, so I didn’t use it all, I must be too spoilt by technology or something :)

No comments: