July 10, 2007

Not Sleeping Well

I haven’t been sleeping well lately, but I partly blame that on staying up and watching Wimbledon, and partly on me being a night owl.

I think I have worked out why I get more done after the midnight hour, during the day I have the feeling of guilt that I am not going out and doing the things that I should (like practising going shopping, walking and catching the bus). At night time I am not able to go anywhere so I don’t have the guilt and feel more emotionally free to focus on what I need to to, instead of the guilt taking up all the mental room.

I have suffered insomnia all of my life to one degree or another so it isn’t something new, but I do need to work it out somehow. I have always enjoyed night-time more than daytime so its a long term habit to be broken.

I try to get up at the same time every morning regardless of the amount of sleep I have had, but it doesn’t always turn out that way.

This will be my focus over the next few weeks before I start looking for another job.

Ruby

One Response to “Not Sleeping Well”

Ruby on July 13th, 2007 12:26 am

I am still not sleeping right, I sleep long and sound, but not at the correct times still. I am trying not to stress about it, but it is starting to get to me. Rory is supposed to reset the alarm when he goes to work, which he has not been doing every day so I told him he will have to get his own alarm clock on Saturday as I have to get back into a proper sleeping routine. He wasn’t happy about having to waste money on something we have in the house, but that’s life….

No comments: