June 19, 2007

Bus Trip Tomorrow

Chloe came to pick up the car this evening as she needs it (and not forgetting that it is her car). I have been stressing about tomorrow so much and I spoke to the psych about it this morning at our meeting.
She says that I have to transfer the skills I have used to be able to start work in doing other difficult tasks - like catching the bus - I find this hard to do as I have always worked with my anxiety and agoraphobia to some extent, and I have never transferred the confidence from work to my “home” life. This is something I spend most of the day pondering on, she is right of course, but I have always separated my work and personal persona and now I have to change my view on my home persona and transfer the thoughts I use to complete work tasks.
I have my bus times all worked out, double checked the batteries in my mp3 player and put a book in my bag to make sure that all distractions are in place for the horror half hour trip, not to mention the walk to get to the bus-top (about 3 min) can’t believe that I am having to meet two tasks in one go - AND I CAN’T FAIL!!! - I have to go to an out of office meeting - not just a normal day.
Ruby
3 Responses to “Bus Trip Tomorrow”
  1. Ruby on June 19th, 2007 10:41 pm
    A friend who had read this post called to say that they would give me a lift to work to save me from facing my fear of buses. I was really thrilled at the offer and was very tempted to take up the offer. But I know that avoiding this task now will make it harder in the future. So I anxiously declined the offer, but said that I would use them as a backstop if needed.
    Even a month ago I would have jumped at the offer, I feel very confident and strong that I was able to say, thank you but no. Somehow I don’t think I will feel that way tomorrow when I am heading up to the corner and taking the first step onto the bus.
    Ruby

  2. Robert on June 20th, 2007 7:11 am
    Hi Ruby…
    I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you…
    Btw, brave decision!
    Good Luck
    Robert

  3. >Ruby on June 20th, 2007 10:17 am
    Thanks Robert
    Its great to know people are supporting my efforts, it really spurs me on.

No comments: