May 13, 2007

Mothers Day

It was a great day today, first time I have had both the kids around at the same time on Mothers Day. I watched footy (which I hate) and got to listen to Rory’s heavy metal music (which I also hate…lol) and then the kids went to a footy game, and for the best part, I got left with Chloe and her boyfriends washing to do but I wasn’t bothered, I had a great day.
I had a bit of a panic attack the other night, I was driving to Chloe’s place on Friday night and freaked about having to walk through the foyer to the elevator. I knew I should have used the breathing skills I have been learning, but instead I called her to come and meet me downstairs and I felt more comfortable. Though I have been using the breathing skills and I do find them helpful, but haven’t mastered to use them once a panic attack has set in, only to help prevent the onset.
I have finally finished sorting all the photos, 45 years of pics in one week it was a bit of a emotional roller-coaster ride, but it was also a huge overview of the great life I have had.
We forget about so many of the marvellous moments we have and sometimes only focus on negative, so from today I am going to try very hard to focus on the best of each day.
I applied for a heap of jobs online last night when I couldn’t sleep. It was mainly for a practice run and to see how employers take on that someone has stayed at home for a year, of course I didn’t specify why. Will wait and see if I get any replies. I do need to try to get a part time job, I have lived on Centrelink payments for a year now, and I am tired of being so broke all the time.
It’s hectic Monday again tomorrow. visit the psych and then onto the GROW meeting, then I have to pick up Chloe from work.
Thanks for your comment on the previous post T, I totally agree, there isn’t enough understanding or knowledge on mental health issues and that is part of the reason I am doing this blog, to hopefully help and/or educate others through my journey.
3 Responses to “Mothers Day”
  1. Robert on May 15th, 2007 9:57 am

    Hi Ruby -
    You’re right about the importance of focussing on the good things in your life. Here’s a suggestion you may find helpful (I got this from a NLP guru and I found it useful)…
    Get a pack of fluorescent card stars (or make your own). Attach one to a wall in each of the rooms in your home. Each time you see one, recall a happy time in your life and smile. After a while, you will have trained your head to do this regularly and you don’t need the stars any more.
    Robert


  2. Ruby on May 15th, 2007 3:21 pm

    Hi Robert
    That is great idea, we spend so much time focusing on the negatives and not nearly enough on the positives.
    Please explain what NLP is, I have not heard of that before?
    Ruby


  3. KonstantinMiller on July 7th, 2009 9:33 am

    I have been looking looking around for this kind of information. Will you post some more in future? I’ll be grateful if you will.


No comments: