December 21, 2009

Gallbladder Attack and Christmas

I had another attack last night - 4 hours of acute pain!! up till 5 in the morning with it. So today I spent time typing out a list of foods that I can have and those I need to avoid and stuck it up inside my pantry door so I don't get lazy. I am usually pretty careful, but after no attacks for a while I do become a bit complacent, but this is two in a week now, so I better listen to my body. All I had to eat today was yoghurt and fresh fruit juice as my tummy was way to tender.

So Christmas dinner will be very bland for me this year. Mum used to make the full traditional dinner years ago, but as time went on it became smaller and smaller. Me and my sisters took on the task last year and it went pretty well, this year we decided to go all out and do all the dishes as we had when we were kids.

I spent this week cooking the meats - the meats I now wont be able to eat!
One sister spent today baking all the cakes and sweets - the cakes and sweets I wont be able to eat!
The other sister is doing all the side dishes - I will be able to have some of them :)

I totally love our traditional European xmas dinner and have been looking forward to it for months, now I will need to just enjoy the aromas.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Can you freeze the dinner and savour it when you're physiccaly able?